Back at blogging instead of studying.
Some things I love about living in Chinatown (so far) :
- Old people intensely playing cards in the park.
- Abundance of fruits and veggies.
- Cool street art.
- Short and colorful buildings.
- Seeing counterfeit bag transactions.
Some things I love about being back in school (so far) :
- Reading romantic literature.
- My super sweet math professor whose goal is to make math fun for all of us liberal arts kids.
- Walking through New York City to get to class, listening to good tunes and smiling as if I am in a movie montage.
- Not having very much homework because it’s only been the first week.
Some things I love about being back in New York:
- All types of food, available at any time of the day.
- Museums & student prices.
Relaxing (getting sunburned) at Rockaway Beach.
I was worried about abandoning my summer island calm for the craziness of NYU, but my first week has actually been very relaxed and fun. I think maintaining my calm is more about my attitude then it is about my environment.
Hope everyone has had a smooth start to the school year, and an excellent Labor Day weekend!