The Little Black Dress.
Every style icon has one, and every style magazine will say that you need one too.
|A Chanel Little Black Dress from the 1920’s.
But there is no “Little Black Dress Store” where you can waltz in to find hundreds of dresses in different styles and fits.
So how do you find the perfect LBD?
The first step is to know where the LBD came from and why it is the most popular clothing item for women.
- Coco Chanel started the Little Black Dress phenomenon in the 1920’s.
- The main idea behind the LBD is simplicity.
- An LBD is a dress that can be worn for any event.
- Wearing an LBD is so easy. Add some jewelry, a clutch and some classy heels and you are ready for a lovely evening!
|The LBD was made even more famous by Audrey
Hepburn in the iconic movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
|This example of an LBD comes from one
of my favorite style books, Parisian Chic.
- You find an LBD when you least expect it. Don’t let the fact that you were shopping for a new pair of shoes stop you from trying on a dress.
- The best LBD is one-of-a-kind. It can be found in a small boutique, or an obscure vintage shop.
- An LBD is a life time investment, so don’t be afraid to spend a little more on it than you would with something else. An LBD will never go out of style!
- Know what style of dresses look best on you so that you know what to look for.
- Be open minded about what your LBD might look like. You never know what you might find!
- Always try it on and give it some thought. Sometimes it helps to wait a couple days before buying it.
- This rule applies when buying anything: Only buy clothes that make you feel like doing a small dance.